trax: The leading municipal transit solution for today..and tomorrow
With trax, municipal transit operations benefit from a turn- key solution that’s cost-effective, modular and seamlessly scalable. More than that, it’s unique optional features for riders are transforming the municipal transit experience. Our advanced GPS tracking and mobile connectivity for bus fleets combined with onboard diagnostic based maintenance can be enhanced by a whole layer of unique services and intelligence – all aimed at lowering operating costs, increasing ridership, and generating revenue.
Clients choose from a wide range of modular features – all seamlessly integrated into your onboard system, among them: GPS-based Video Ads, Mobile Wi-Fi, Voice Over IP, and a suite of rider-focused products that offers passengers access to free onboard Wi-Fi, the convenience of route planning and arrival time updates from their mobile phone or email. trax is a fully web-based, hosted and secure system that’s fully operational anywhere there’s a signal.
What will my solution look like?
Your solution will be as simple or as robust as you need it to be. With trax, you can tailor fleet or even by individual bus, increasing efficiencies for administrators and offering unexpected conveniences for riders – feature by feature.
For your administrators
Depending on the features you choose, administrators will be able to:
- access real-time data on all of your busses including map-based location, speed and idling data, and more
- have operators track maintenance needs through real-time information such as odometer readings, engine temperature, fuel consumption updates, and other important information.
- access accurate reports on mobile Wi-Fi network usage, live streaming videos and more
- generate increased advertising revenue through targeted ads that change simply based on the bus’ location
- efficiently manage drivers’ route bid submissions and assignments
For your riders
Depending on the features you choose, riders will enjoy an enhanced transit experience with:
- access to the Internet onboard through their laptop computers and Wi-Fi enabled handheld devices, offering a more enjoyable and productive journey
- improved route planning with access to a rider-focused interface (BusCatcher) as well as real-time information on buses, stops, delays or early arrivals from any web-enabled computer, kiosk, handheld or cellular phone
How do I get started?
After we meet with you to determine your business needs and the best business-case based solution to ensure your operation benefits from new efficiencies, savings and potential revenue opportunities, it’s time to get started. And that’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Step 1: Install your red eYe hardware. Our easy-to-install onboard computer, redeYe, is simple to program, connects all your vehicles, and allows you to mix and match the functionality and advanced features you need and want. These installations can be completed by us, or on your own.
Step 2: Install trax software. Our easily-programmed software provides accurate, real-time reporting on the features you choose. It’s a scalable, custom approach that allows you to build your solution according to your own time frame.
Step 3: Choose your features. You’re in control. Choose from dozens of exciting features, and tailor a solution to your own mass transit system needs. You pay only for what you want, and you can add new features at any time. Whether you’re looking for specific offerings or the whole suite, you’re in control, and so are your costs.
How will trax benefit transit systems?
There are a number of ways to save with trax. Depending on the features you choose, you will see improved efficiencies and savings through:
- reduced fuel consumption (15-20%)
- more efficient streamlined management/administration
- better route planning
- better use of manpower resources
- increased ridership
- increased advertising revenue generation
- increased life-span of vehicles with maintenance alerts
What will this cost me?
Your cost will depend on the business case and potential savings we assess together, the features you choose, and the type of hosting and reporting that best meets your needs. We’re cost competitive, reliable and specialists in the world of vehicular connectivity. And, we stand by our goal to help you choose a solution that is more than offset by savings and revenue generation. That’s our commitment to you.
To learn more about your solution’s costs and benefits, contact us.